Digestive disorders come in many forms, including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux/Hyperacidity, Crohn’s Disease, Colitis and Diarrhea. Symptoms can include:
- Gas and Bloating
- Frequent Stomach Pains
- Diarrhea and Loose Stools
Of these, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is the most commonly diagnosed. While not life threatening, it can be extremely painful or uncomfortable. Many doctors will tell you it cannot be cured and will prescribe medication to reduce symptoms. But what if I told you there is an all natural way to keep digestive disorders under control? Keep reading to find out.
What Causes IBS and Digestive Disorders?
Many factors can contribute, yet food is the biggest cause. People with sensitive digestive systems tend to be challenged with IBS the most. Poor diet can cause many of the problems.
- Food – many of the common food allergens; dairy, gluten, corn, eggs, nightshades, can stimulate IBS. As well as caffeine, chocolate, fried foods and alcohol.
- Stress – The colon has many nerves that connect it to the brain. These nerves control the normal contractions of the colon and cause abdominal discomfort at stressful times. Individuals with IBS, stress can stimulate colon spasms. Stress makes the mind more aware of the sensations that arise in the colon.
- Medications – every body responds differently to medications and many of them can stimulate negative affects in the digestive tract, especially when someone is combining multiple medications together.
How We Can Help You
While many traditional doctors try and treat the symptoms of these disorders, we look at the entire body as a whole and locate the source of the dysfunction.
To do this, we start in the gut, which is where problems usually begin. Almost every gut related disorder is inflammation and/or autoimmune related. Once we have determined the Root Cause, we can then employ the following methods to improve your condition:
- Diet and Food Tracking – We do a comprehensive analysis of the current foods you are eating and make suggestions for reducing the ones that are most likely to cause inflammation.
- Food Testing – We test you for food allergies and things most likely to cause issues.
- Probiotics – We will help repopulate your digestive tract with good bacteria, known to help normalize gut function.
- Pre-biotic Foods – These foods stimulate the growth of healthy microflora that re-populate the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut. Adding these foods to your daily meals help your gut re-populate flora naturally.
At The Functional Medicine Center of Fort Collins, we find the root of the problem and treat your disorder from that point of reference. We use our entire arsenal of functional medicine healing methods and we customize our healing plan for each individual patient. Our approach creates lasting results for our patients— not just covering up temporary symptoms to deal with later.
If you are committed to getting better, Contact our office today at 970-282-1173, and we will determine what steps are needed to fix your digestive problems.
Make An Appointment